- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Preheat your grill or pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice and zest of the lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow bowl dish and pour the marinade over them. Let them marinate for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Trim the base ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the asparagus in the preheated oven and roast for about 12-15 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- While the asparagus is roasting, remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the preheated grill. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the grill and set aside to rest for a few minutes. Then, slice it into thin strips.
- Serve the grilled lemon herb chicken alongside the roasted asparagus. You can squeeze some additional fresh lemon juice over the chicken for extra flavor if desired.
This recipe provides a balanced and low-carb meal with lean protein from the chicken and fiber-rich asparagus. It’s quick to prepare and packed with delicious flavors. Enjoy!